Website Promotion that Works
A website that isn’t promoted is like a brick and mortar store that has no signs out. It might be perfect inside, but if nobody ever sees the inside, what’s the point? The same holds true for your website. In order for people to find your website, they have to know it’s actually there. This is only possible when you promote your website in an effective manner. However, this can be easier said than done.
There are so many different ways in which to promote your website, that you could literally work a full time job doing so. But some methods will work much better than others and since you likely can’t devote eight hours a day, five days a week to the promotion of your website, it is certainly in your best interest to use website promotion that works the best so you can get maximum results for your efforts.
While any website promotion is certainly good website promotion, here are some website promotion techniques that work every time they are employed:
1. Search Engine Optimization: Search engine optimization, or SEO for short, is a way in which your website actually promotes itself. Proper SEO begins before your website is even built and consists of you selecting relevant keywords and key phrases to use on each page. These keywords will then be used in the title tags, Meta tags, and in the actual text of your website. When done properly, your website will easily be found by Google and the other search engine giants and as long as your website contains everything it should, meaning it is relevant, then your website will start your climb your way up on the search engine results pages, or SERPs. The higher up on the SERPs your website climbs, the more likely it is that people will find your website when they are searching using the keywords and key phrases that you used for your website when optimizing it. you can learn SEO yourself or pay a professional service such as Rankpay to do it for you.
2. Pay Per Click: Pay Per Click, or PPC for short, is a great way to draw some much needed attention to your website when you first get it going. How it works is you work with a PPC service, such as Google AdWords, and you bid on keywords. If you win the bidding you can then create an ad and Google will place it off to the right of search results under ‘Ads.’ If your ad is clicked by someone who is surfing the web then they are taken to your website and you are charged for that click. Because this method does cost money, you want to be sure that your website is up to par so the people who find their way there through a PPC ad are likely to buy something and make that paid click a worthwhile investment.
3. Link Building: When you build up your links you are telling Google, Yahoo, and Bing that you are important; this is known as link popularity. It’s kind of like when you were in high school. The more popular you were, the more people wanted to hang around you. Well, the links are what lets the search engines know that your website is worth hanging around. Links can be built up using several different methods. You can e-mail other relevant websites and ask for a link exchange, or you can gain some links by article marketing and blogging. Companies like Submitedge offer complete link building service that really works.
4. Social Networking: This is a fun way to promote your business. Everyone these days is involved with some level of social networking. While social networking is a great way to keep in touch with old friends and family, it is also a great way in which you can promote your website. You can use social networking sites like FaceBook, Twitter, and more to post links to articles you have written or even links to specials you are currently running. The more active you are in the social community, the more attention your website will derive from that activity.
5. Press Releases: There are a number of press release services that you can use to promote your website. There are many that you have to pay for in order to use, but there are also a good number of free services out there. Of course, the ones you pay for will hit more eyeballs, but free services are great if you are just starting out and are on a limited budget. When writing a press release to promote your website be sure that you are writing in an informative manner. People read press releases to stay well-versed and if your press release comes off too much like an advertisement, the readers just won’t stay interested and read down to the bottom where information about your website will reside. It should also be noted that each press release service has a certain format that you must write your press releases in to ensure that they are accepted. Be sure to check the format first, before you get started writing a press release and save yourself some headaches.
The most important thing with any type of website promotion you do is to stay relevant and stay original. You can’t simply cut and copy the work of others and you can’t try to trick people into going to your website. If you conduct these types of activities you will be labeled a SPAM-artist. This is bad as the search engines hate SPAM and if you are labeled as a SPAM-artist then you will be black listed. If that happens, it won’t matter how much you promote your website as the search engines will have your website ousted for good.
Website promotion is something that needs to be done on a consistent basis. You can’t do it one month and not the next. Therefore, using methods that you know will work and that can be done on a consistent basis will help you get the potential customers to your website, which will hopefully equal a lot of sales, which will of course mean a lot more money for your business and for you.